Moving can be daunting, especially when juggling a busy schedule, handling delicate items, and aiming for a smooth transition. That's where full-service movers come in, promising a stress-free and efficient move. But are you aware of these professionals moving cost estimate? It's time for a reality check.
This article provides a comprehensive look at what you can anticipate from full-service movers, debunking myths and shedding light on these experts' essential services.
So, sit back, relax, and let's unravel the truth about full-service moving companies.
What to Expect From Full-Service Movers
You don't want to work? It's a good thing. Full-service movers will handle the entire move, so you don't have to lift a finger. This is a good option for those who want to avoid dealing with moving or cannot do it themselves. While it is only sometimes the most affordable option, full-service movers provide a lot of convenience. We'll explain what you can expect from a full-service mover, what they will do for you, and how much it's likely to cost.
What Are Full-Service Movers?
Full-service movers are those who will handle all aspects of your move. Your relocation will be handled in its entirety by a full-service mover.
- All packing supplies and materials are provided. You won't need to go to the store to buy boxes from Walmart, bubble wrap, packing tape, and paper. Full-service movers can provide all the moving supplies you need, such as furniture blankets, additional padding, and shipping supplies.
- Packing your belongings. Packing can indeed be a time-consuming and difficult part of moving. But it does not have to. Full-service movers will pack your possessions. They have trained packers that can do this in a fraction of the time you need to. The movers will also know how to pack fragile items and valuables, like artwork and glass.
- Furniture disassembly. Full-service movers can ensure that your heavy, large, and unwieldy furniture reaches its destination in one piece. This includes disassembling furniture (and reassembling it when necessary).
- Unloading and loading of trucks. Let the professionals handle the heavy lifting. Full-service movers will pack your house and load it safely onto the truck. This includes any appliances you are bringing with you. They will also unload the truck when you get to your new house.
- Transporting your belongings. Full-service movers can drive your possessions to the new location, whether you are moving across town or the country. Your delivery window will be given so you can focus only on getting to the destination to receive your shipment.
- Unpacking. They can also unpack your house. Your movers can take care of the packing while you concentrate on other aspects of moving in. They'll do the work themselves while you focus on other tasks.
- Packing materials can be disposed of. After a move, you may have dozens (or even hundreds!) of cardboard boxes. You may have dozens (or hundreds!) of cardboard boxes to recycle, along with other materials like plastic wrap and packing peanuts that must be disposed of properly. Your full-service movers will take care of everything, including the mess left behind after unpacking all your items.
Full-service movers will care for you if it is part of your move. The professional movers you hire will work with you to create a plan and determine what tasks they should handle.
How Much Will The Moving Cost Estimate Be?
Undoubtedly, employing a company to handle all your moving tasks comprehensively comes with a higher price tag than hiring one for limited services. It's important to note the more assistance you require, the steeper the cost escalates. Rates for full-service moving companies typically range from $25 to $50 per hour. The final moving cost estimate will be influenced by the following:
- What is the number of movers required?
- What is your total amount of stuff?
- The distance that the movers must travel
- Some full-service movers include packing materials; others charge extra if you need packing materials.
- What the moving company does for you
- Moving during the holidays can increase rates.
You should always get at least three estimates before hiring a moving company. This will allow you to compare the prices and make an informed decision. Take on some of the work yourself to save money. For example, you can have the movers load, transport, and unload your items for you but do all of the unpacking, material disposal, and packing on your own.
How Long Will It Take to Move to a House With Full Service?
It can take weeks or even days to pack and move. Full-service movers will give you a timetable so that you know how long it takes from beginning to end. This schedule will include:
- Estimate time and planning. A full-service moving company will send someone to your home to do a general inventory to provide you with the most accurate estimate. You must get an appointment on a different day for a walkthrough. The walkthrough should last about an hour.
- Furniture disassembly and packing. Packing by trained professionals is much faster than doing it yourself. Packing up a three-bedroom home will take a full-service mover about 2-3 hours.
- Loading and Unloading. Full-service movers make it easy to load and unload. Loading and unloading should take an hour at maximum.
- Unpacking. You can allow roughly the same amount of time for unpacking as you did for packing if your movers do it.
Transport time will also be important, depending on the distance your movers must travel.
How to Choose a Full-Service Mover
You should contact moving companies directly to discuss your needs and create the best possible plan for your move. Call three or four companies you think might be a match, discuss your needs, and get a general estimate.
If you can afford it, full-service movers offer the best moving services. Do your research and look for full-service movers that offer your needed services. The most effort you will have to make is to choose the right movers.
Full-service movers offer a comprehensive solution to all your moving needs, taking care of everything from packing to unpacking, loading, unloading, transportation, and even disassembling and reassembling your furniture. They allow you to sit back, relax, and focus on other aspects of the relocation while they handle the heavy lifting. The benefits of this convenience and the diverse range of services are well worth the moving cost estimate, especially if you are time-strapped or need help managing a move.
However, making an informed decision is crucial, and choosing a reliable moving company that meets your needs, expectations, and budget. Never hesitate to ask questions, seek multiple quotes, and thoroughly vet potential companies.
If you're seeking top-notch full-service moving options, consider Mint Movers Brooklyn, renowned for its efficient service and customer-centric approach. Request a free, customized moving cost estimate from us today and discover how we endeavor to make your move seamless and stress-free. Don't miss out on enjoying an effortless moving experience with a touch of professionalism and attention to detail— reach out to Mint Movers Brooklyn today!